Rent Our Building
Unity of Pensacola is located in a beautiful National Historic Property that features an exposed wooden beam ceiling and 6ft. tall original stained glass windows. The facility provides a unique and memorable setting for special occasions such as weddings, commitment ceremonies, renewal ceremonies, etc. The facility is perfect for a small, intimate gathering, or a large wedding of several hundred.
Facilities and Services
Use of Unity’s facility includes:
- One sixty minute rehearsal.
- One four hour wedding.
- Services of Unity's Wedding Facilities Coordinator.
- Minister to conduct the rehearsal and perform the wedding ceremony.
- Use of the Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, and restrooms (downstairs).
- Cleaning of the facility prior to the ceremony.
- Services of the Sound Technician.
- Liability insurance.
If any of the included services are not required (for instance, if you have your own Minister or musicians for the ceremony) fees will be adjusted. The number of hours needed before and after the service will be determined by the Minister and the Bride. Additional times and receptions incur additional fees.
- Facility usage fee is $1,500.00 and includes cleaning prior to the ceremony, services of our Wedding Facility Coordinator, sound technician, pianist/vocalist, and minister to perform rehearsal and wedding ceremony. If any of the above services are not required (i.e., you do not need pianist or minister) adjustments to the $1,500.00 facility usage fee will be made.
- Additional time may be secured at a rate of $25.00 for each thirty (30) minutes over the maximum.
- Fellowship Hall is available for wedding receptions for an additional fee of $300.00 for a period of five (5) hours. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at the reception nor in/or around facility premises, and smoking is not permitted within the building.
- A deposit of $500.00 is required at the signing of this contract and reserving of the facility for the specified date. The deposit is not applied to the facility usage fee. The facility usage fee is separate and must be paid in full.
- All remaining fees are due thirty (30) business days prior to the ceremony.
Restrictions and Limitations
Please read and note the following important information. You are responsible for ensuring that everyone in your wedding party and anyone you contract with for outside services (i.e., florists, decorators, etc.) are aware of and comply with the following restrictions and limitations.
Food and Drink
- No drinks of any kind are allowed in the Sanctuary with the exception of bottled water required for health reasons.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages allowed in the facility or on facility premises. If the restriction is violated, The $500 wedding deposit will not be returned.
- No food is allowed in the Sanctuary.
Smoking is prohibited inside the facility. Smokers may smoke outside using receptacles provided for this purpose.
Music and Sound Equipment
- The grand pianos, drum-set, and movie screen on the Sanctuary platform are not to be moved.
- Sound equipment (monitors, microphones, microphone stands, etc.) is not to be moved by anyone other than Unity's designated Sound Technician. If there is a requirement for sound equipment to be moved, the sound technician must be contacted in advance to ensure equipment is moved as needed prior to the rehearsal.
- The only item on the platform that may be moved is the minister’s pulpit and it may only be moved under the direct supervision of the Wedding Facility Coordinator or authorized personnel.
Expectations About Children
All children present must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times. Children may not jump, stand, or run on pews, play on the stair chair lift, touch the chair lift’s operating mechanism, or play on the stairs. Children may not play with musical or sound equipment.
Proper Care of Facilities and Environment
- Only silk flower petals are to be used inside the Sanctuary as real petals will stain the carpet. Absolutely no real flower petals are to be used inside the Sanctuary.
- Candles may be used, but must have protectors or holders under them to prevent candle wax dripping and/or damage to surfaces on which they are placed.
- The platform area may be rearranged only under the direct supervision of the Wedding Facilities Coordinator or other authorized personnel.
- Birdseed and/or bubbles may be used outside when the married couple exits the facility; candy, confetti, rice, or other similar objects may not be used.
- No aisle runners are to be used.
Refunds and Cancellations
- The refund of your deposit will depend upon the signing party leaving our facility clean, secure, in good repair, and ready for our next event. This includes returning the facility to the same state it was in prior to the ceremony.
- All refund checks are sent by U.S. Mail within ten (10) business days of the event.
- Cancellations must be made with at least a 90 day notice.
- Cancellations with a less than 90-day notice forfeit 100% of the deposit as we will have turned away others wishing to reserve the facility, and our Minister and Wedding Facilities Coordinator’s time.
- Cancellations made with more than 90 days notice will be subject to a $50.00 billing fee.
- A check for the balance of the deposit will be mailed ten business days following the notice of the cancellation.
Because of the natural and historical beauty of our facility, please keep decorations to a minimum. All decorating plans must be discussed
with the Wedding Facilities Coordinator one month prior to the wedding.
Please be mindful that Weddings are often emotional and stressful events, so be sure all involved are reminded to treat our Wedding Facilities Coordinator and staff with respect and kindness.
Unity of Pensacola reserves the right to deny rental/usage of our facilities at any time, both before and after any usage arrangements have been made.
Interested in our location for your special day?
Our location is booked months in advance so contact us today. Contact Wedding Facility Coordinator Julie Wood at 850.619.1856 or email email@example.com for more information and availability.